Coming up with that perfect Merry Christmas social post is like putting lights on the tree. Sounds great out loud, looks great in your head, then you start to execute and…
The free images are cheesy, the good ones are watermarked. There are different image sizes for each platform. And what the heck is aspect ratio? Well, my friend, your life is about to get a whole lot easier. Because this post is locked and loaded with:
- 38 beauteous, properly sized images, plus
- 60+ easy captions and messages, for
- four glorious holidays, and
- three social media post types
If this isn’t the easy button for holiday social media posting, then I don’t know what world you’re living in.
How to use these holiday social media images & templates
So here’s the game plan.
The images below are for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s. You have your pick between Instagram post, Facebook post, or Facebook cover. For any image thumbnail, simply select the link below it to save and post as is, or use the Canva template links at the bottom of the post to customize!
Now I’ve included some general quotes, messages, and phrases you can use for your posts, but if you’re looking for something really creative, keep an eye out for the six presents I’ve sprinkled in between sections.
Merry Christmas images for Facebook & Instagram
There are many traditions and cultures celebrated during this time of year, but Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the New Year are among the four most common. And while they all have elements of light, joy, love, and family, each one has its own unique blend of themes and atmospheres. For Christmas social media posts and images, think:
- Cheer, joy, laughter, merry-making, decoration
- Giving, generosity, altruism
- Winter, cozy, lazy
- Peace, grace, stillness
- Child-like wonder, belief, simplicity
And now, the images!
“Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.” — Thomas S. Monson
“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” — Calvin Coolidge
“Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.” — B. C. Forbes
“Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.” — WJ Tucker
We wish you a Merry Christmas and an even merrier New Year!
“You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” –Maya Angelou
Warm wishes to you and yours…Happy Holidays!
Love. Happiness. Peace. May these be your gifts this holiday season.
Happy New Year images for Facebook & Instagram
This universal holiday needs no explanation. But if you’re looking for inspiration on what to write in your post, consider the following concepts, themes, and prompts:
- Memories, nostalgia, look back, fulfillment
- Fresh start, renewed energy, clean slate, new beginnings
- Health, wealth, prosperity, peace
- Excitement, dreams, plans, aspirations, goals
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” — Albert Einstein
- “Pour the champagne and let its mousse rise, like thousands of sparkling smiling eyes.” — Jared M. Brown
- “Last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.” — T.S. Eliot
Onto the eye candy!
“Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better person.” — Ben Franklin
May you keep your eyes on the stars and fee on the ground this year!
Can’t wait to see the bright adventures that await us in 2022!
“Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one!” — Brad Paisley
Happy New Year! May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.
Peace, prosperity, and party on!
Embrace the New Year with a gentle heart and a fierce spirit—bring it on 2022!
Holiday & Christmas Facebook cover photos
No better way to customize your Facebook business page during the holidays than with a festive cover photo! Below are some images you can use. Just click on the link below the image to save it. Or, if you want to customize the image, use the template link at the top.
- Add “from [your business name]”
- Replace the text with your slogan
- Include an inspirational quote, word, or message
- Remove text altogether to keep it simple
Let’s get crackin’ on these covers:
Best wishes for the holidays and for health and happiness throughout the coming year.
May your holidays be merry and bright this year!
May you be reminded of all you are grateful for, from this year past and in the year to come.
May your holidays sparkle with moments of love, flashes of joy, and feelings of warmth.
The holidays come and go, what really matters are the people who light up our lives all year long.
Happy everything this holiday season.
“Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.” –Kahlil Gibran
“We light candles in testament that faith makes miracles possible.” — Nachum Braverman
In this loveliest of seasons may you find many reasons for happiness.
“Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting.” — Thomas S. Monson
Happy Hanukkah images for Facebook & Instagram
Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights, is observed for eight days and eight nights. It happens anywhere from late November to late December in the Gregorian calendar, as it is based on the 25th day of the Kislev in the Hebrew calendar. The themes of this Jewish holiday are:
- Light, hope, and miracles
- Connection and meaning
- Peace, blessings, and happiness
- Commemoration, remembrance, and reflection
Here are some caption ideas and prompts for your social media posts celebrating Hanukkah:
- Wishing your family peace and light this holiday season.
- At Hanukkah, we’re reminded of what matters most…
- May your year ahead be as bright as the light of the menorah.
- You are the light that keeps our business shining bright.
- Hope your Hanukkah is great times eight!
- Hanukkah Sameach! (Happy Hanukkah)
- Chag Sameach! (Happy holiday)
- Chag Urim Sameach! (Happy Festival of Lights)
- Hanukkah reminds us where we came from.
Let’s hit it:
Wishing you a meaningful Hanukkah and a peaceful new year.
Wishing you eight special nights, a season of miracles, and a wonderful year ahead.
Dreidel champs unite! Wishing you fun this Hanukkah.
Here’s to a bright and meaningful Hanukkah.
Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy Hanukkah and new year.
Sending warm energy your way during the Festival of Lights.
Wishing you lots of love, hugs…and gelt!
The Kwanzaa holiday honors the Nguzo Saba, or Seven Principles, of African culture. These are Umoja (unity), Kujichagulia (self-determination), Ujima (collective work and responsibility), Ujamaa (cooperative economics), Nia (purpose), Kuumba (creativity), and Imani (faith).
Use the below images in your Facebook and Instagram posts with messages around community, perseverance, and prosperity. Here are some example messages:
- The candles of Kwanzaa remind us that we shine brightest when we shine together.
- May Kwanzaa be your inspiration to give thanks for the community, prosperity, and love in your life
- During these seven days of Kwanzaa, be reminded that you are never alone.
- Wishing you peace, prosperity, and pride in honor of the Kwanzaa traditions.
- Kwanzaa reminds us to remember where we came from and have courage in where we’re going.
- During Kwanzaa, take some time to think about what your guiding principles are and how you can apply them in the year to come.
Without further ado…
May you feel the strength of family, the warmth of community, and the riches of peace this Kwanzaa and beyond.
Gather strength from, take pride in, and bring growth to the communities of which we are a part.
Celebrate your heritage. Embrace your purpose.
Struggles, with self-determination and support, can give way to celebration.
Honor the past, aspire for tomorrow, and bask in the blessings of today.
Kwanzaa reminds us to gather strength from what we’ve overcome to navigate the trials that are to come.
Present #6: 52+ Fun, Free & Festive December Marketing Ideas
Holiday social media post images and templates galore
And there you have it. The easy button for social media posts on Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaaa, and New Year’s. Hopefully your head hasn’t exploded with creativity. And as promised, here are your Canva templates:
- Christmas Facebook post Canva templates
- Christmas Instagram post Canva templates
- Christmas Facebook cover Canva templates
And if all of this has inspired you to create your own holiday social media images, here are the correct sizes:
- Instagram post: 1080 x 1080
- Facebook post: 940 x 788
- Facebook cover: 1640 x 924
The post 41 Fun, Free & Ready-to-Publish Christmas Social Media Posts (+Canva Templates!) appeared first on WordStream.