Photoshop is one of the best tools for image manipulation and enhancement. There are some pretty unbelievable things you can do with Photoshop. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize that there’s more to Photoshop than turning an orange skin tone into something appealing.
But don’t worry! This article focuses on some creative techniques the advertising industry discovered using Photoshop.
Photoshop is software that allows you to edit images, but it can do so much more than that. Photoshop allows you to create anything you want, from a basic sketch to a complex work of art. You can use marketing companies to advertise your startup or small business online!
Photoshop Techniques in the Marketing & Advertising Industry
Photoshop isn’t for everyone. It could also be complicated for first-time users. It also requires a device that is pretty heavy-duty considering its size. But don’t worry!
There are a lot of marketing agencies that could offer you help. Marketing companies in Vancouver provide marketing consulting and professional marketing services for startups and small businesses.
You could also get services from a local graphic designer. However, their knowledge might be limited to tools like Photoshop. They might not be of big help in terms of marketing. Thus, agencies are still the best bet.
But how can Photoshop help in marketing and advertising?
1. 3-D Techniques
One of the techniques most used by advertisers is the 3-D technique. Its popularity allows an advertiser to create an image that looks like real life. This technique can be used in print advertisements or online ads and has many benefits over other methods of digital imagery.
3D techniques can enhance the realism of an image or create depth in a photo. It also allows for a greater range of colors than traditional methods, such as printing on paper or canvas. Designers can use this feature to add texture and depth to an image.
For example, if you’re creating an ad for a new car, you can choose a photo of the vehicle and use 3-D techniques to pop it off the page.
2. Digital Paint
Many companies use digital paintings to present their company logo or mascot creatively. You can also use digital painting to create unique characters for advertisements. Digital paintings are created by drawing on a tablet using a stylus pen or a mouse with software like Photoshop.
One example of a company that uses digital paint creatively is Starbucks Coffee, which uses a mermaid as its logo.
Composites are created by combining multiple images into one composite image. This technique is commonly used when an object needs to be placed into a scene or background.
For example, suppose you have an image of a person but no suitable outdoor background to place them in. In that case, you can combine the person’s image with another outdoor image using compositing techniques in Photoshop.
4. Hand Lettering
Hand lettering is a style of writing that you can do by hand instead of with a font. It’s custom drawn for each project. This technique is often used for logos and branding for companies and titles or other text graphics on websites or social media posts.
A branding agency for startups can help elevate your marketing. Hand lettering can be done traditionally with pencil, ink, and paper or digitally on a computer using the Pen Tool in Photoshop.
Silhouettes are images that feature black objects on a white background or white objects on a black background. You can use them in your branding materials or even your logo. Silhouettes are created by eliminating the backgrounds from images so that only the subject is visible.
This technique is perfect for fashion photography or photographing silhouettes of people with text overlays. You can use silhouettes to create mood-setting images that are simple yet effective.
6. Double Exposure
Double exposure is a technique that allows you to combine two images into one composition. In the past, this was done with a film camera by rewinding the film roll and exposing it again.
There are several different ways to do this in Photoshop, but creating a layer mask is my favorite. Simply make sure your images are in different layers and then add a layer mask to one of the layers. Make sure you have the brush tool selected and choose black as your foreground color. Now begin painting on the layer mask with the black brush tool to reveal the image below!
How to Use Photoshop in the Marketing & Advertising Industry
The marketing and advertising industry is a highly competitive sector where the most innovative ideas are at the forefront. Photoshop is used extensively in marketing and design to create powerful images conveying meaning, telling stories, and driving a brand forward. Some of the ways you can use Photoshop include:
- In-Store displays. From simple to complex, store displays are created with Photoshop and printed out as physical displays. The power of Photoshop is essential to creating complex scenes with realistic lighting and shadows.
- Digital marketing. You can create digital ads all the time in Photoshop through a branding and web design agency. This includes banner ads, email graphics, landing pages, and more. If you see an ad online, it was probably created or updated with Photoshop.
- Mobile apps and games. Many mobile game developers use Photoshop to texture 3D models for games compatible with iOS or Android systems.
- Social media. Social media graphics are all over the place now, and you can make them using Photoshop. There’s no better software for creating social media graphics or any other kind of graphic design.
- Infographics and presentations. Infographics continue to be an excellent way of visually presenting information to convey key points. Data visualization is a vital part of many marketing campaigns and presentations.
- Photography and video production. Photographers, videographers, and graphic designers often use Photoshop in the marketing industry. They use Photoshop to edit photos or videos for these various campaigns. It can help them align features on different layers in their projects or clean up an image before presenting it to clients.
- Logo design and branding. Branding is an integral part of any business or company and a startup branding agency is what you need. Branding helps people recognize your products or services in the marketplace. Photoshop allows you to create a logo that you’ll across all platforms, including print media.
The reality of today’s advertising industry is visible in the images produced by these industries. They aim to sell a lifestyle to their consumers through the use of graphic design along with advertising techniques.
This helps create a desire within their audience to experience what they’re buying, creating brand loyalty. Marketing companies in Vancouver are here to help startups and small businesses scale up through digital marketing!