Despite Highbridge being a Google Workspace client, not all of our clients want us to utilize Google Meet for our meetings. As a result, like most of our industry, we’ve turned to Zoom to be our tool of choice for meetings, recorded interviews, webinars, or even podcast recordings. Zoom has a robust third-party application program that extends the features of the platform with some impressive integrations.
One of those integrations that are fantastic is Fathom. With Fathom, you’ll never have to take meeting notes again! I’ve written ad nauseum about my frustrations with unproductive meetings… so finding tools that can supercharge your meeting productivity are always a great find.
With both prospects and clients, it’s especially critical to ensure that you have all the expectations recorded and agreed upon by both parties. We’ve often had to refer to meeting recordings and notes to clarify requirements and ensure that we’re meeting and exceeding those expectations.
Fathom: A Free AI-Powered Zoom Add-On For Notes
Fathom is a service that utilizes natural language processing (NLP) to transcribe your meetings and artificial intelligence (AI) to identify action items, insights, positive & negative conversations, feedback, objections, and other highlights from your Zoom meetings.
Best of all, Fathom is 100% free. In the future, they will offer plans for new, team-centric functionality but the core Fathom experience will remain free.
Fathom has noticed over 50% of attendees would like access to the call recording, so rather than be worried they’ll be excited that you’re recording the call for their benefit as well. All recordings created with Fathom are 100% private. They can only be seen if you share your recordings or highlights with others.
Fathom Features Include
- Highlight – When you’re on a Zoom call, click to highlight a portion of the call. Fathom magically summarizes what was spoken. You can even share your highlights with the recorded clips.
- Action Items – Fathom can automatically capture tasks as they’re mentioned within the call. No more confusion as to who is responsible, for what, and when!
- Instant Access – When the call ends you have instant access to the call recording, fully transcribed, along with all of your highlighted moments.
- Notes – send highlights, action items, and other notes to Google Docs, Gmail, or a Task manager with a single click.
- CRM Integration – Fathom automatically generates & syncs call notes to all the right places in your CRM.
- Search – Search transcripts across your own or all of your team’s meetings.
- Feedback – Fathom offers real-time stats and even a friendly monologue alert if you talk too long.
Of course, the most important feature of Fathom is that meeting participants can actively listen to the calls rather than worry about capturing critical information. And, of course, those who are not in attendance can be provided a recap with all the critical information.
Fathom auto-generates call & action item summaries that can be dropped into Notion, Google Docs, Asana, Todoist, and Gmail with a single click. Fathom integrates with Slack to send specific highlights (ex product feedback or technical questions) to Slack channels in real-time.
Fathom also integrates with Salesforce & Hubspot to sync your highlights & notes to any matching Contacts, Accounts, & Opportunities (Salesforce only).
Disclosure: I’m using my referral link from our Highbridge Fathom account. They provide us points for every sign-up that results in credits for services. We are utilizing other affiliate links in this article that Martech Zone is signed up for.
© %currentyear% DK New Media, LLC, All Rights Reserved.