We had 715 responses that made it into our report this year. Someone made a comment that they don’t think everyone realizes that this report is 100+ slides. Last year I went alphabetical for the order we show countries/regions and will continue that this year.
Some people have only been in paid 3 – 5 years BUT have been working for 10+ years in their career. This can skew salaries higher then you’d expect. Please take that into account across all regions as we use the years someone has been in paid advertising to build this report.
- The last slide for most regions has a 5 Year Trending median salary chart. This was a new slide we added last year.
- 20 for USA and 10 for rest of world is the bar we use to show a country/region of the world. We started using this three years ago to help make reporting easier. This includes showing a city, province, state for a country/region.
- India made it into the deck for the first time last year. Now they are joined by Asia and South America as each got a slide for the 1st time. I realized Asia could have gotten a slide last year, so I updated the 2021 deck to reflect this.
- Our top four countries were the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Netherlands. Shout out to the Netherlands for holding down their 4th place finish again. They are punching above their weight class and continue to attract company HQs who need talent
- I’ll say it again, some people have 1-3 years experience in paid but having been working for 8-10+ years, thus they can skew salaries higher.
- Some people include their bonus in their salaries as well I imagine. This can make their salary higher then someone who might not have. Hence why we try to use the median salary across all reports
Thanks again everyone. Hard to image how far we have come in 7 years. I know this past year has been challenging for many and even more so then 2020.
P.S. If you see a mistake or you think something is off, let me know in the comments and I’ll look into it. Plus I’ll update the data and re-upload the deck