Reading Time: 2 minutes
Video is one area that I’m really trying to ramp up this year. I recently did a podcast with Owen of The Video Marketing School and he motivated me to put some extra effort in. I recently cleaned up my YouTube channels – both for me personally and for Martech Zone (please subscribe!) and I’m going to continue to work on getting some good videos recorded as well as do more real-time video.
I built out my home office last year and purchased a Logitech BRIO Ultra HD Webcam along with Ecamm Live. The two provide an amazing picture and my office really looks sharp… so I don’t have an excuse not to! I promise I’ll keep working on it. It’s difficult enough to keep up with the publication, the podcast, and my business… but I know I will benefit by putting in the effort.
Video Marketing Statistics
There are some powerful statistics that support video marketing efforts:
- As many as 85% of businesses have used video marketing in one way or another in 2020. That’s up 24% from just 4 years ago.
- 99% of businesses that used video last year say they plan on continuing… so obviously they’re seeing the benefit!
- 92% of businesses regard it as an important part of their overall marketing strategy.
Types of Video Marketing That Are Popular
- 72% of marketers utilizing video create explainer videos.
- 49% of marketers utilizing video create presentation videos.
- 48% of marketers utilizing video create testimonial videos.
- 42% of marketers utilizing video create sales videos
- 42% of marketers utilizing video create video ads.
The Top Video Trends:
- Video usage continues to rise!
- Live-streaming has gone mobile.
- Short-form videos continue to dominate all platforms.
- User-generated content drives engagement and conversions.
- Due to working from home and the pandemic, educational videos and online training videos are on growing in acceptance and popularity.
- In 2020, video ad spend in the US hit $9.95 billion. This is expected to increase by 13 percent to $11.24 billion in 2021 (Statista, 2019).
- Videos are driving conversions, 80% of them say that their video marketing efforts have directly resulted in increased sales, and 83% also say they’re getting more leads.
- The AR and VR market is forecast to grow over the next few years and reach $72.8 billion in 2024 (Statista, 2020).
- Shoppable videos are on the rise.
- Approximately seven out of ten organizers have had to move their event online in 2020 as part of the measures to curb the spread of the virus (PCMA, 2020).
Oberlo, a fantastic platform for entrepreneurs to learn, build and grow their own ecommerce dropshipping business, has researched and put together this detailed infographic on how video marketing continues to evolve in 2021.
© 2020 DK New Media, LLC, All Rights Reserved