Reading Time: 3 minutes
Many of you visit our blog because of the consistent effort I put into sharing marketing infographics. Simply put… I love them and they’re incredibly popular. There are several reasons why infographics work so well for businesses’ digital marketing strategies:
- Visual – Half of our brains are devoted to vision and 90% of the information we retain is visual. Illustrations, graphs, and photos are all critical mediums with which to communicate to your buyer. 65% of the population are visual learners.
- Memory – Studies have found that, after three days, a user retained only 10-20% of written or spoken information but almost 65% of visual information.
- Transmission – The brain can see images that last for just 13 milliseconds and our eyes can register 36,000 visual messages per hour. We can get the sense of a visual scene in less than 1/10 of a second and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
- Search – Because an infographic is typically composed of a single image that’s easy to publish and share throughout the web, they generate backlinks that increase the popularity and, ultimately, the ranking of the page that you publish them on.
- Explanation – A well-designed infographic can take a very difficult conception and explain it visually to the reader. It’s the difference between getting a list of directions and actually viewing a map of the route.
- Directions – People following directions with illustrations perform them 323% better than people following without illustrations. We are visual learners!
- Branding – A well-designed infographic incorporates the branding of the business that developed it, building brand awareness for your organization around the web on the relevant sites that it’s shared on.
- Engagement – A beautiful infographic is much more engaging than a block of text. People will often scan text but really focus their attention on the visuals within an article, providing a great opportunity to dazzle them with a beautiful infographic.
- Dwell-Time – Visitors who abandon your site typically leave within 2-4 seconds. With such a short time frame to persuade visitors to hang around, visuals and infographics are a better option to grab their eyeballs.
- Sharing – Images are shared on social media much more than textual updates. Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content.
- Repurposing – Marketers who develop a great infographic can repurpose the graphics for slides in their sales presentations, case studies, white papers, or even use them for the foundation of an explainer video.
- Conversions – Every great infographic walks the person through the concept and helps drive them to a call-to-action. B2B marketers absolutely love infographics because they can provide the problem, the solution, their differentiation, statistics, testimonials, and call-to-action all in a single image!
As well as developing my own infographics for my site and my clients, I’m always scouring the web looking for infographics to include in my content. You’d be amazed at how well your content will perform with someone else’s infographic on your article… and that includes when you link back to them (which you always should).
My most recent infographic delivered for a client was an infographic on when babies get their teeth for a dentist that serves children in Indianapolis. The infographic is a huge hit and the top destination page currently on their site, with over half of all visits on their newly launched site.
© 2020 DK New Media, LLC, All Rights Reserved